POPULAR POSTS

Monday, July 30, 2012

ALIVE INSIDE: A Story of Music & Memory


Greetings,

I am so so excited about this film!

In the 1990's I was involved in grant work to bring live music to Alzheimer's patients in TX. I saw first hand the power music can have on the mind. We heard from the daughter of one patient who attended one of our concerts with her mother that after the concert she had the first meaningful conversation with her mother in over 3 years.

I was shocked and delighted when I discovered the film is being made by Michael Rossato-Bennett, an old friend from the 80's!

Be on the lookout for this film's release.

Meanwhile, if you know someone with Alzheimers or some form of dementia, I encourage you to load an iPod with music meaningful to that person and to deliver the iPod and some headphones to them. I'm going to do this!

Best,
Catherine

1 comment:

Mary said...

Catherine, this movie sounds so wonderful. I trust you will let us know if it becomes available for viewing.
Mary