POPULAR POSTS

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Galway's Scale Challenge


Greetings,

James Galway: “I would like to share with you why I am so successful at playing the flute.”

Got your attention? This quote got my attention! Sir James Galway has invited us to join him in reworking technique by devoting four 15 minute practice sessions daily to Marcel Moyse’s Exercices Journaliers pour la flute (Daily Exercises for the flute).

Count me in!

I encourage you to sign up for James Galway’s Scale Challenge and watch his introductory video.

If you don’t own Moyse’s Exercices Journaliers pour la flute, you can download an abridged version in 3 parts from Jennifer Cluff’s website:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Thanks Jen! If you are an advanced player, add additional octaves to each exercise.

And thank you, Sir James, for the incentive!

Best,
Catherine

No comments: